I recently had the honor of being nominated for two awards by my readers. These awards are: the Liebster Award and the Versatile Blogger award. I am therefore going to answer any questions and pass on the honors to others. Below are my nominations.
I was nominated for the Liebster by LeoNard several weeks ago and neglected to post about it. Now, I’ve decided to finally blog the results. The Liebster award is simply a nomination from fellow bloggers to point out good blogs. I was honored to receive it and even more excited to pass it on to a few talented bloggers.
Here follows the rules to the award:
- When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them) and ask them 11 questions.
- You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you.
- You must post the blog symbol in your post/on your blog
So, with that settled, I launch into some random facts and some answers to my 11 questions (along with a set of my own questions and nominations).
11 Facts About Me
1. I have traveled to over 13 countries. Not a bad start to seeing the world. Travel is very important to me.
2. I have poor circulation so I sleep with socks on to keep my feet warm. Some people think that’s weird.
3. I have trouble recommending good books or listing a favorite because I love so many! Seriously, I love reading far too much and consume a pretty wide variety as well.
4. I have finished writing three novels but have yet to send them in for publishing. I need to do some serious editing first. I also started a goal to finish writing a book every year. So far I’m on track.
5. I don’t really like popular music and mostly listen to soundtrack or classical. I just prefer instrumental.
6. I am a definite nerd who loves all things Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings.
7. I play violin and piano.
8. I go through “fazes” where I get hooked on something of interest and can’t stop thinking of it/talking about it. It’s very annoying for people who live with me. I’ve had ones with British Kings and Queens, Les Mis,or King Arthur legends.
9. I hate potatoes and I live in Idaho. Sad right!
10. I have juvenile arthritis and have been diagnosed for over two years.
11. I’m a chocoholic.
My answers to LeoNard’s questions:
1. When others find their way to your blog, what, if anything, would you most want to them to get out of their viewing experience?
My blog was set up as a school assignment originally, but has become a pass time for me. I would have to say I created it as a means of discussing literature, writing, marketing and the other aspects of being involved in the literary world. I hope my readers will find a blog that compels them to think more about these aspects of life and thereby have a better understanding of life in general. (high goals I know!) Honestly I think people can take whatever they want away from my blog. It’s what I do as a reader with other people’s work and I’m sure none of my readers will have exactly the same experience.
2. If you had one opportunity to meet up for food or drink with any major public figure from the last three decades (dead or alive), with whom and where would it be, and what would be served?
Ooh tough question. I’d probably go for Ellen Degeneres because she is hilarious and I love watching her show. We’d go to Paris for a chat at a café with some lovely pastries and coffee.
3. Gelato, yogurt, ice cream, or frozen treat?
I’m an ice cream person, though if I was traveling in Europe I would certainly pick gelato first. If I’m going to be somewhat unhealthy and consume a dessert, I tend to pick the extreme in terms of health. I figure all things in moderation, right?
4. What is your favorite quote? It could be from friends, family, books, movies, music, politics, philosophy, and popular culture, anywhere.
My favorite quote is from a French children’s book called Le Petit Prince, or The Little Prince in English. The quote is: On ne voit bien qu’avec le cœur, l’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux. Translated : One can only see well with the heart, the essential is invisible to the eyes.
5. What would you consider to be your favorite childhood book, song, or TV show?
The Chronicles of Narnia were the stories that first drew me into the world of reading. They have forever remained my favorites. Of them I would say The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe remains my first, because it is the book that Lewis first wrote that first inspired the marvelous series. I’m usually a “first book” lover.
6. Who are your favorite three artists of all-time? Any genre, any platform.
Artists? Well as I am unsure what type of artist this refers to I’ll pick a variety. Composer: Schubert. Painter: Renoir. Writer: Dickens. As you can see I’m in love with the older works, though I do find some joy in modern as well.
7. How would you finish this statement, “I don’t think anyone cares about _________ anymore.”
Contentment. Being happy and enjoying the moment. Too often the people around me (and myself included on occasion) are rushing around trying to get through life as fast as they can. The world is full of complaining and stress. I think sometimes we need to take a step back and look at things from a bigger perspective and realize that our lives really aren’t that bad (or at least mine isn’t…maybe yours is). It’s a valuable thing to be able to be at ease with the world around you.
8. Is there any one particular thing you wish you could do with or add to your blog, but cannot? What is it, and if not, do you think its perfect?
I certainly do not think wordpress is perfect, but I do like it somewhat better than other blog formats I’ve seen before. I think I am fairly satisfied with it so far and have yet to have any serious complaints.
9. Pick a battle, and then pick a side and take up for it in ten words or less: movie screen vs. theatre stage, coffee vs. tea, hip-hop vs. rap, eBook vs. paperback, or Maury vs. Jerry.
Ebook- saving the trees, saving space, allowing more publishing, helping readers.
10. What do you believe is the most rare of occurrences: true love, good customer service, quality restaurant dining, interesting book covers, or worthy radio music stations? Why?
I’m a romantic at heart who loves finding good book covers and listens mostly to the classical music station before she goes to delicious restaurants all around the world. I suppose I will have to go with the customer service in that case. It’s difficult to find people who really are helpful and can help you deal with your problem as needed. I am very thankful when I do find these circumstances, but it is not a common occurrence.
11. Sunrise or sunset?
Sunrise-the hope of a new day dawning and the realization that the world is continuing to spin, continuing to move in its orbit, and thereby allowing you to continue living and hoping and dreaming. Although not a morning person, watching a sun rise is one of my favorite things to do. I love rising at 5 in the summer and running to the nearest hill not too far away from my house. I climb to the top and there, peeking over the mountains, is the gorgeous sun. It makes me feel awake and alive and utterly small in a vast and gigantic world. I love every moment.
My Liebster Nominees
Boats Against the Current
Blue in Tardis
Bryon’s Brain Writes
Letters From the Mezzanine
Dean Forty Three
Just Twenty Seconds
According to Brie
This Ain’t Your Mama’s Book Club
Congratulations to you all! You’re all great bloggers and I am enjoying your posts tremendously. Please feel free to answer my questions and pass on the nominations to others.
Questions for Any Willing Nominees
1. What started you blogging?
2. Favorite season and why?
3. Give a book vs. movie description of your choice. What did you like or dislike?
4. Coffee or tea? Or neither?
5. You can have dinner with any literary character of your choosing. Who do you choose and why? (If you’re not a reader for some reason choose a movie character).
6. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
7. What is the issue you are the most passionate about?
8. You are stranded on a deserted island and can only bring three things, what do you bring?
9. Rain or sunshine?
10. What is one thing that you are the absolute worst at? (We brag too often on our blogs, so what’s something you can brag about doing poorly)
11. What is your greatest goal for your blog? What would make you most excited to see happen with it?
I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger award by Books, Tea & Me. I am also very grateful for this award.
Here are the rules:
- Post the logo above.
- Accept the nomination and link back to the blog that nominated you.
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate blogs and inform them of the nomination.
1. I am horrible at opening envelopes. I destroy them.
2. I have a beagle named Oliver. He always wants more food, just like his namesake, Oliver Twist.
3. I speak French. Oui, je parle francais!
4. I hate the following sounds: belching, cracking knuckles/joints, my horrible knees crackling noises, nails on a chalkboard, scratching skin.
5. I used to be a kid who read on the playground instead of playing with the other kids. Yep, that was me!
6. I think best out loud and often do prewriting by talking through a story idea.
7. I am extremely shy in person but can be a little more outgoing on a page.
Nominees for Versatile Blogger Award
E and P– a cute blog of friendship letters covering a variety of subjects.
Award-Winning Dreamer– a hopeful screenwriter who blogs about books, movies, writing and more.
Mon Scharee– an interesting collection of different blog posts. I love the writer’s variety.
Persephone Writes– A well-written blog with a wide range of posts on writing.
Forever on a Lilo– an English lit student’s thoughts on aspects of writing and reading.
Congratulations to you all and I hope you will all go out and nominate others! Thanks for sharing your amazing works.